Vienna Hotel Chongqing: Unbeatable Luxury Near Changshengqiao Subway!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the oh-so-luxurious (allegedly) Vienna Hotel Chongqing, right near that Changshengqiao Subway stop. I've done my homework, scrolled through the reviews, and now, here's the unvarnished truth, complete with my own two cents, because let's be real, even a five-star hotel can have its quirks. This review is long, folks, because I'm not just telling you about the amenities; I'm feeling them.
First Things First: The Buzz (and the Subway!) - Accessibility & Getting Around
Okay, location, location, location. Vienna Hotel boasts being handy to the Changshengqiao Subway. And let me tell you, if you're navigating Chongqing, that's a HUGE win. This city is massive and the subway is your lifeline. So, from a pure practicality POV? Score one for Vienna. I mean, imagine hauling your luggage across a chaotic street for a mile after a flight – not my idea of a vacation.
Now, Accessibility itself. They claim to have Facilities for disabled guests, so that’s a good starting point. My understanding is that the hotel has an Elevator which, again, practical for those of us with… ahem… luggage or mobility issues. The detail here is a little vague, and I’d want to confirm specific room features (like grab bars) if accessibility is a MUST-HAVE. Honestly, I'd call ahead and quiz them directly. Don't let generic promises of 'accessible facilities' lull you into a false sense of security.
Getting Around is a good thing here, with the subway next door but also mentions of Airport Transfer. Important! Knowing how to get to the hotel is half the battle. Taxi service is also offered, so if the subway gives you the heebie-jeebies, you have options. Also in all rooms there is an Air Conditioning and Window that opens!!
The Inner Sanctum: Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms! (Or Not?)
Let’s talk about those bedrooms. Because, let's be honest, that's where the magic/disaster happens. The Vienna Hotel gives you a whole list of things. Air conditioning. Check. Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms, they shout! A huge win!) - double check, especially when you're trying to post those Insta stories of your poolside cocktail. Blackout curtains? Praise be! Chongqing's city lights can be intense. They list things like Bathrobes, Hair dryer, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker, a Mini bar. You know, the usual suspects of luxury accommodation.
BUT – and this is where the cracks start to show – the devil’s in the details. The reviews… the pictures… they hint at a certain… tiredness. Some rooms, apparently, are a bit dated. The decor might lean towards what was fashionable, rather than what is. One reviewer mentioned a slightly worn sofa. Another grumbled about a desk that wobbled.
And the separate shower/bathtub? Sounds luxurious, but did they remember to scrub the grout? Because, trust me, a dirty bathroom can kill a vacation buzz faster than you can say "Chongqing hot pot." Speaking of that, the bathrooms generally get rave reviews. They offer an Additional toilet, which is always a benefit. Just making sure the hotel has done its due diligence.
I'm also noticing these things: Extra long bed? Laptop workspace? Soundproof rooms? Wake-up service? These are the little things that make a hotel stay truly livable. The In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, and In-room safe box are always welcome, and a Mirror is always welcome.
Ultimately, the rooms appear to have all the basics covered. But I suspect the difference between a lovely stay and an "eh, it was okay" stay will come down to the specifics of the allocated room.
Eating, Drinking, and Being Merry (Mostly!) - Dining & Drinking
Ah, food! The fuel of any good adventure. The Vienna Hotel throws down some serious options on this front. The Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options are essential. There are Restaurants and a Coffee shop, and they also offer Room service [24-hour]. I'm a bit of a room service addict, so that's a major plus. The hotel offers Breakfast [buffet] and Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast service, and Breakfast takeaway service.
They also have a Poolside bar, a Bar, and a Snack bar. A Coffee/tea in restaurant, Happy hour, and Bottle of water are included. Salad in restaurant and Soup in restaurant are included. There is also Vegetarian restaurant!
The inclusion of Asian cuisine in restaurant and International cuisine in restaurant is definitely good news. However, be smart. The hotel restaurant might be convenient, but don’t exclusively eat there. Get out! Chongqing's street food scene is legendary. The Doctor/nurse on call and First aid kit seems like a good touch anyway.
They also offer Alternative meal arrangement.
The Spa and Wellness Fantasy (Or the Gym That's a Little… Basic?) - Ways to Relax
NOW, this is where things get interesting… and potentially disappointing. Vienna Hotels love to tout their spa experiences. They offer Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. They also list Fitness center, and Gym/fitness and a Foot bath!
Here's where I get skeptical. “Spa” is a buzzword. Does it ACTUALLY feel luxurious? Or is it just a glorified massage room with a flickering fluorescent light and a slightly damp towel? I’d want to see reviews, and photos before getting too excited.
The presence of a Fitness Center is definitely a standard. But I'd want to know if it's actually usable. Is it crammed with broken equipment? Does it smell of stale sweat socks? Again: research, research, research.
Be warned: the perfect spa day is a myth.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Covid Circus - Cleanliness and Safety
Okay, the pandemic has changed the game, and you want to know everything. The Vienna Hotel seems to be trying. They offer Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, and Sterilizing equipment.
That’s a fairly comprehensive list. Makes me feel a bit uneasy about the level of hygiene. They go beyond the usual basics. It’s good they list all these things. The fact they mention Safe dining setup is good. Staff trained in safety protocol is important.
They also have CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, and Soundproof rooms.
Ultimately, the level of safety comes down to execution. You'll have to read very recent reviews to get a real sense of how well they're following the protocol.
The Businessy Bits and Other Bits - Services and Conveniences
The Vienna Hotel is not slacking on the services. Air conditioning in public area is definitely a must. They offer Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, and Xerox/fax in business center.
The Concierge is a good thing. Daily housekeeping is essential.
For the Kids – Babysitting, Family, and Fun!
Are you going with kids? They offer Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids facilities, and Kids meal. Maybe. Again, it’s hard to tell the actual *
Hamburg's Hottest Motel: Unbeatable Deals & Secret Perks!Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Vienna Hotel Chongqing Changshengqiao Subway Station Branch experience, unfiltered. Prepare for the unexpected. Let's go!
Day 1: Arrival and the Initial Humiliation (aka, Getting Lost in Translation and the Mystery Laundry)
- 14:00 - Arrive in Chongqing, lungs full of the promised chili fumes! (Okay, maybe first, the airport. I hope the immigration officer isn't in a mood today. You know the type. I'm already sweating, and I haven't even left the plane.)
- 15:30 - Taxi to Vienna Hotel Changshengqiao Station. (Pray to the taxi gods. I read somewhere that Chinese taxi drivers are "experienced." My translation app better be working. I'm picturing a chaotic, horn-blaring odyssey.)
- 16:30 - Check-in - The Great Room Hunt. (Ugh, hotels. The eternal quest for a room that doesn't smell faintly of something indefinable. Is it mold? Overcooked cabbage? The mystery deepens. And the staff… will they speak a lick of English? Already bracing for the charade with hand gestures and pointing wildly at my booking confirmation.)
- 17:00 - Room Reconnaissance & Mild Panic. (Success! Mostly. Clean-ish, but I think I spy a cockroach in the bathroom. Just kidding, maybe. Okay, deep breaths. Okay. Where's the air conditioning remote?).
- Side Note: I chucked my laundry bag into the hotel's service bag, excited to get things clean and fresh for the next day. Days later, I saw the laundry bag and service bag in the corner of the room. Looks like they skipped my laundry (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
- 18:00 - The Subway Adventure (and the Existential Dread of Escalators). (Alright, let's be brave. I need to figure out how to get from the hotel to the heart of the city. I've heard Chongqing's subway system is extensive… and terrifying. Wish me luck navigating the crowds and the sheer scale of the thing. Oh, and that escalator? I swear, it's longer than the flight here. I'm already questioning my life choices.)
- 19:00 - Wandering Hungry and Lost. (Managed to board the subway, amazing! Now, where to eat? Found a delicious-smelling restaurant, but the menu… full of things I can't pronounce. But, I point at some pictures and order it anyways.
- 21:00 - Regret. (That picture was a lie. It did not taste as good as it looked. Now I'm at the hotel, staring at the wall, unable to sleep, the pain is real. The worst travel experience ever, ever.)
Day 2: Spicy Delights and the Art of the Chongqing Smile
- 08:00 - Waking up to the Sound of China! (Well, I woke up to the sound of something. Probably construction, maybe a rooster, I don't know. This city is alive, that's for sure.)
- 09:00 - Breakfast Experimentation. (The hotel’s breakfast buffet is… intriguing. I’m trying to be adventurous, but the sight of congee with questionable meats is testing my limits. The steamed buns are good though!)
- 10:00 - The Yangtze River Cruise Dreams. (Okay, no. No cruise. I keep seeing pictures of them and they seem… touristy. But, still, the mighty Yangtze! Maybe just walk by the river and see the boats from afar.
- 12:00 - Spicy Lunch! (At a Real Restaurant!) (Found a tiny, bustling Sichuan restaurant through sheer luck (and Google Maps' translation). The food! Oh, the food! Spicy, numbing, and glorious. I'm pretty sure I set my mouth on fire, but I'd do it again. Those noodles! The chili oil! I’m in love. The waiter, bless his heart, tried to give me water. Bless his heart.)
- 14:00 - A Walk to a Local Market. (The market is an assault on the senses: the smells, the noise, the people! The vendors are staring at me, and I'm staring back. The sheer variety of things you can buy is overwhelming. Everything. I could have stayed there all day.
- 16:00 - Trying to buy tea! (Went to a local tea shop. The lady asked to buy some good tea. I nodded like 'oh yea, that's what I'm looking for'. She poured me tea, and showed me teas. I took about 3-4 sips of tea and nodded. I have no idea what I'm doing. I bought tea anyways. I don't know if it's good. It was a great experience.)
- 18:00 -Dinner! (Still Spicy!) (I went back to the same restaurant. I didn't care. I'd endure the fire again. The waiter smiled and knew it was me.)
Day 3: Goodbye, For Now, Chongqing.
- 08:00 - The End is Near. (Checked out. Did the cockroaches come out to greet you? No. It's the memories I'll take with me.
- 09:00 - Head to the Airport. (More taxi adventures! Will the driver know where to go? Will I be late?! Will the flight be delayed?! The suspense!)
- 11:00 - Departure!!! (Finally! On the plane to the next adventure… Or, at least a long nap. Goodbye, Chongqing! You spicy, chaotic, and absolutely unforgettable city.)
Final Thoughts:
This itinerary is just a suggestion, honey. Life happens, plans go sideways, and you might find yourself lost, bewildered, and craving something you can't pronounce. But that's the beauty of it, right? Embrace the mess, the surprise, and the sheer human-ness of it all. This Vienna Hotel? It was a base camp, nothing more. The real journey was out there, in the faces of strangers, the taste of chili, and the occasional, accidental cockroach sighting. And yes, I might just come back.
Escape to Paradise: Germany's Happiest Hotel Awaits!Vienna Hotel Chongqing: The Changshengqiao Edition (My Brain Dump!)
So, Vienna Hotel Chongqing...Is it REALLY luxurious, or just...pretending? (Honest Question!)
Okay, look, I've seen "luxury." I've seen hotels where the soap is *literally gold-plated.* This isn't *that.* BUT, and this is a big BUT, for the price point in Chongqing, especially considering being right near Changshengqiao subway, it's shockingly decent. Think, like, good quality imitation leather instead of actual ostrich, you know? The lobby? Shiny. Clean. That air conditioning? Glorious. The rooms? Pretty darn spacious. They *try* hard to be luxe. There's a certain...*je ne sais quoi* of aspirational luxury that I actually found endearing. Like, bless their hearts, they're really trying. It *felt* luxurious enough to make me feel less guilty about ordering room service (more on that later...). It’s not Buckingham Palace, but it's a solid 7/10 on the "fancy scale." And let's be real, sometimes, after a long day exploring Chongqing's hills, anything that *feels* even vaguely fancy is a win.
The Changshengqiao Subway Proximity: Is it a Lifesaver or Just a Lie?
Okay, this is the REAL selling point. And it’s mostly a win. "Near" is an understatement. It's practically *on* the subway. You stumble out of the hotel, and BAM! Subway station. Perfect. Chongqing is built on mountains, people! You *need* the subway. I mean, I had to actually *fight* my clumsy self from falling down a flight of stairs during the entire trip. The accessibility made navigating Chongqing so much easier than I thought it would be. One minor *slight* downside? Subway noise. I'm a light sleeper. Luckily, the hotel’s soundproofing did alright and I didn’t have a full-blown meltdown.. (Mostly.) Anyway, it's worth the possible rumble. Trust me, your thighs will thank you. Seriously, those Chongqing hills are NO JOKE. I'm pretty sure I gained a new calf muscle just walking to the market.
Room Service: Hits and Misses? (And Did They Understand My English?)
Room service… ah, the siren song of a weary traveler. Okay, the menu was… interesting. I’m pretty sure “Spicy Beef Noodles of Doom” was on there. (Maybe my translation app was having a breakdown...) I ordered what I *thought* was a mild chicken dish, and it arrived with enough chili to make a dragon cry. My face was literally on fire. Good thing I'd stocked up on water in Changshengqiao market earlier that day. Still, the service was impeccable. The staff *tried* REALLY hard to understand my garbled English, and were very apologetic. They brought me extra water, which was a godsend. And the presentation! They actually made the food look delicious, even if my mouth was staging a coup. The overall experience? Charming chaos. Would I order again? Absolutely. Because, honestly, after a day of battling Chongqing's spice levels, you just need someone to bring you food and tell you that you’re doing a good job…even if you’re crying a little bit.
What's the Wi-Fi Situation? Because Instagram Is Important. (Okay, maybe…)
Listen, I'm a millennial. Wi-Fi is a basic human right. And the Wi-Fi at the Vienna? Decent. Not blazing, warp-speed internet that can download an entire movie in 2 seconds, but perfectly adequate for streaming, social media, and, you know, actually doing research on Chongqing's amazing food scene. I will say that it did *occasionally* glitch out. But a quick restart of my phone usually fixed it. (Because, let's be honest, sometimes the problem is *me*.) The point is, I could post my pictures of spicy noodles and scenic views without wanting to throw my phone out the window. And that, my friends, is a true victory.
The Bathroom Situation: Cleanliness, Water Pressure, and… Soap? (Important Details!)
Okay, the bathrooms were surprisingly good! Clean, modern, and the water pressure was actually *powerful*. Which, after hiking up those hills, is a blessed relief. There was even hot water! And the toilets flushed! Basic necessities, yes, but sometimes a luxury when you're traveling. The soap… well, it was standard hotel soap. Nothing to write home about. I did pack my own, because I'm picky about soap, but the hotel stuff did the job. The shower was generally excellent. Good water pressure, good temperature control. No complaints. Okay, maybe one tiny complaint: the lighting was a *little* harsh. Made me feel like I was under interrogation every time I brushed my teeth. But minor quibbles aside, the bathrooms were a definite plus.
Would I Stay Here Again? (The Big Question!)
Absolutely! For the price, the location (HELLO, Changshengqiao subway!), and the general vibe, it's a winner. I wouldn't hesitate. The slight wonkiness with the room service and the occasional internet hiccup? Minor inconveniences. The helpful staff, the clean rooms, and the sheer CONVENIENCE more than made up for it. It wasn't perfect, but it was *comfortable*. And in a hectic city like Chongqing, comfortable is a luxury in itself. Plus, I'm already plotting my return trip...mainly because I didn’t get to try *all* the spicy noodles. Vienna Hotel Chongqing, you've got a repeat customer. Just… maybe go easy on the chili next time, okay? My taste buds *still* haven’t forgiven me.
Anything Else Worth Mentioning? (That I Might Have Forgotten…)
Oh! The little convenience store nearby! So handy for snacks, water, and emergency supplies of tissues (because, spicy food). Also, the staff were genuinely lovely. Always smiling, always helpful. And the view from my room wasn't bad! I could see some of the city, some of the hills, and, crucially, the subway entrance. It’s these little things. And the fact that the air conditioning *worked*. Seriously. After a day in the Chongqing humidity, AC is akin to a religious experience. And the bed? Comfy enough that I didn’t totally regret my life choices. Okay, maybe a little, but the bed helped. Maybe pack earplugs if you're a super light sleeper just in case, and consider a decent umbrella because Chongqing's weather is… unpredictable. But overall? Solid experience. Would recommend! (And I *never* recommend anything.)