Escape to Paradise: Luxury White Ivory B&B in Thailand
Escape to Paradise: A Messy, Wonderful Dive into Thailand's White Ivory Dream (And Why You NEED to Book)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from Thailand, and my brain is still swimming in sunshine, spices, and… let’s be honest, a little jet lag-induced delirium. But amidst the chaos, one place stood out: Escape to Paradise: Luxury White Ivory B&B. And you, my friend, need to know about it. More specifically, you need to book it.
First things first: let’s ditch the flowery brochure language. This isn't just a hotel; it’s a… well, it’s something. And honestly, it's a lot. So let's get into the nitty-gritty, the good, the slightly wonky, and the downright heavenly.
Accessibility & Safety: They Actually Get It (Hallelujah!)
Okay, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I always appreciate when a place actually considers accessibility. Escape to Paradise does. They have facilities for disabled guests. They prioritize safety. They also have:
Accessibility: While it’s hard to say exact details without checking it in person, there's an elevator.
Cleanliness is King: The whole place smells clean, which is a huge plus. They have anti-viral cleaning products. They sanitize everything, seemingly constantly. There’s even an option to opt-out of room sanitization, so they're being considerate of your needs.
Safety First, Last, and Always: Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and a 24-hour front desk are just the tip of the iceberg. They have CCTV cameras both inside and outside the property. They also have a doctor/nurse on call, and a first aid kit (just in case you overdo it on the Pad Thai, which I may or may not have done…). And you should note about safety/security feature.
Rooms: Your Personal Ivory Tower (Almost)
Let's talk about the rooms. They’re… gorgeous. Seriously. Think crisp white linens, huge windows, and a general sense of calm. They've thought of everything:
- The Essentials: Air conditioning (thank GOD), a comfy bed (with extra-long options, people!), and a coffee/tea maker for that much-needed morning kick.
- The Luxuries: Bathrobes (yes!), slippers (yes!), and a private bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub. They even have a scale (which I chose to ignore, wisely).
- The Extras: They have internet access Lan, Internet access wireless, internet access – wireless.
The "Paradise" Factor: Relaxation on Steroids
This is where Escape to Paradise really earns its name. Forget just "relaxing," this place offers a full-on assault on stress:
- The Spa: Okay, so, full disclosure, I spent way too much time in the spa. And honestly, I’m not even sorry. I had a massage that left me feeling like a limp noodle in the best possible way. Then, I proceeded with a body scrub which felt incredible and the Foot bath was also lovely. There is also a Body wrap where they wrap your skin (I didn't personally experience this, but the reviews are good).
- The Pools: There's an outdoor pool with a view. Seriously, the view is part of the whole experience.
- The Perks: They have a spa/sauna, steamroom, and a gym.
Food & Drink: A Culinary Adventure (Or Just a Really Good Breakfast)
Eating in Thailand is an experience unto itself, and Escape to Paradise doesn't disappoint.
- Breakfast is a Feast: They have an Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. So yeah, whether you're craving noodles or pancakes (or, let's be real, both), you're covered. I loved the breakfast.
- Dining Options: They have a bar, a coffee shop.
Service & Convenience: They Really Go the Extra Mile
The staff at Escape to Paradise are genuinely helpful and friendly, and not in that fake, overly-polished hotel way. They’re just… nice. Plus:
- They've Got You Covered: Concierge, currency exchange, daily housekeeping – the usual conveniences, but done well.
- The little things matter: They have a gift shop.
- They have special services for all needs: They provide cash withdrawal.
- They will provide you with your bills: They provide an invoice.
- Extra perks: They have meeting/banquet facilities, indoor venue for special events.
Things to Do: Beyond the Beach (If You Can Bear to Leave)
Escape to Paradise offers a bunch of activities to do even if you are in the hotel:
- Family/child friendly: They have a babysitting service and kids facilities.
The Quirks (Because No Place is Perfect)
Okay, let’s be real. No place is perfect. I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself.
- The Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi worked fairly reliably.
The Verdict: Book It, Seriously
Look, I’ve been around the block when it comes to hotels. But Escape to Paradise? It’s something special. It’s luxurious, yes, but it’s also comfortable, welcoming, and genuinely cares about its guests.
My Honest Recommendation: If you're looking for a getaway in Thailand, book Escape to Paradise. Consider it your best decision. And that's all I have to say.
Linsen, Taiwan: Uncover the HOTTEST Hotel Fun!Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your glossy brochure itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, a chaotic, glorious, occasionally-cringeworthy account of my attempt to find inner peace (and maybe a decent Pad Thai) at the White Ivory Bed & Breakfast in Thailand. Prepare for… well, prepare for me.
White Ivory Bed & Breakfast: My Soul-Searching Disasterpiece (and Potential Triumph)
Day 1: Arrival & "Rustic" Charm (Translation: Mosquitoes and Mild Panic)
- Morning (ish) (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM, give or take): Wake up in, well, not my bed. That's what I'm learning, right? Apparently, "waking up" involves a soul-crushing, 16-hour flight, followed by customs (which I swear the guy looked personally offended by my passport photo), and then…a three-hour taxi ride from the sweaty airport to… this. This being the White Ivory. The name evokes visions of pristine linens and fluffy pillows. The reality? Well, let's just say "rustic" is the word they chose. My room? Probably saw a mosquito infestation in its lifetime. I’m pretty sure some of the paint chips are still clinging to the wall. I’m trying to channel the 'zen' I booked this for, but mostly, I'm panicking about being a germaphobe. A very itchy, bug-bitten germaphobe.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Mandatory Welcome Chat with the owner, Anya. Anya radiates serenity. She’s basically a real-life Buddha, with better hair. She tells me about the B&B's commitment to "sustainable living." Translation: no air conditioning, limited hot water, and a garden full of things trying to eat me. I swear, I saw a plant twitch while I walked past. She hands me a welcome drink, some kind of purple-infused concoction. Tastes vaguely of dirt and… hope? I’m not sure. Anya, in her infinite wisdom, recommends a local market visit. (See panic levels above).
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Tried the local restaurant. Ordered a Thai noodle dish. The noodle dish was phenomenal, the best thing I've ever eaten. Unfortunately, the waiter was the same age as an angry teenager, and he didn’t speak much English. He gave me 2 forks, but I'm learning to embrace the discomfort of other cultures
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Stroll through the aforementioned market. Let's just say my "charming" experience turned into a sensory overload. Sticky heat, questionable smells (I'm pretty sure they sell fried insects), and a barrage of smiling people who probably know I'm more out of place than a penguin in a desert. I did buy a ridiculously oversized straw hat. And a bag of mango sticky rice. The mango sticky rice was a masterpiece. It was also the only reason I did not run back to the B&B. Spent the rest of the afternoon napping (more like attempting to nap) under the slowly-melting, mosquito-riddled ceiling fan.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at the B&B. Anya made a veggie curry. It was… good. Incredibly good. I’m pretty sure she’s a sorceress. The other guests are all these impossibly grounded people who talk about "finding themselves" and "embracing the present moment." I'm just here trying to figure out how to kill the mosquito that's currently buzzing around my ear. Eventually, I surrendered and fled to my room. Still, I'd give it all to go back to that curry…
Day 2: Temples, Tears, and Terrible Advice
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Attempted a guided temple tour. It was supposed to be "spiritually enriching." More like "sweaty and overwhelming." The temples are stunning, truly. But I spent most of the time feeling like I was accidentally interrupting someone's extremely important meditation. And I swear the monkeys were judging me. They probably thought my hat was ridiculous.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Lunch: Found the exact same noodle dish and devoured it with utter abandon. Then I got some ice cream.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Decided I needed some "me time." Hired a tuk-tuk (which, by the way, is a death trap on wheels) to take me to a secluded beach. The driver, a local named Somchai, gave me the best advice of my life: "Just be." He also said that there was a huge party later at a bar, if that was my thing. The beach was beautiful… for about five minutes. Then the sandflies ate me alive. And I mean alive. I think I cried. I’m writing this from the B&B with more itchiness than I can handle. I look like I have chickenpox, but trust me, it can't be as bad.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Should I go to that party? Anya is in the kitchen. I can hear the soft music. I can hear her peacefulness. Suddenly, I hate the other guests for being so calm, so ready to travel. I want to be fun. I want to be reckless. I want to be me. But maybe not now. It's a bad idea. Back to the room it is. I have to decide if I want to go to the party. It's my choice. I'm free. And I'm not good at this. I'll sit alone, and be "me" in this room.
- Night (9:00 PM - whenever I fall asleep again): Didn't drink, didn't party. Felt as disappointed as a deflated balloon.
Day 3: The Waterfall Revelation (and a near-death experience)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Anya suggested a hike to a waterfall. "It's invigorating!" she chirped. What she failed to mention was the steep incline, the treacherous rocks, and the general feeling that I was about to fall to my imminent death. Seriously, the climb was horrendous. But when I got to the waterfall… it was stunning. The rush of water, the cool air, the sheer beauty of it all… It was truly, undeniably, magnificent. Pure, unadulterated beauty. I actually cried again, this time from… joy? Maybe?
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): The most underwhelming picnic lunch I've ever eaten, eaten on a rock, with a view to die for. I would have died. The sandflies got me again.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Attempted to meditate near the waterfall. This lasted all of 2 minutes. Then, I almost slipped on a rock that seemed determined to remove my head, narrowly avoiding a plunge into the churning water below! That was followed by more itchiness. I'm basically a walking, talking, mosquito buffet.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Decided to skip dinner and head back to my room to plan my escape. I also bought all the mosquito repellent available. I have the distinct feeling that I've become the mosquito's worst enemy.
Day 4: The Pad Thai Redemption & Departure
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Decided on a final morning of pure decadence. Wandered around, enjoyed the mango sticky rice. I sat in the sun. I didn't scratch and I smiled. I'm becoming a human. I watched Anya feed the chickens. I'm jealous of chickens.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): The noodle dish. The best dish. Just ate it and cried because I love it so much.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Packing. Saying goodbye to Anya. (She gave me a hug! I think she understands my messiness). My flight leaves.
- Evening: (4:00 PM - Onward) Final time for Thai massage.
Final Thoughts (and a Plea to the Gods of Mosquito Repellent):
This trip has been… messy. Frustrating. Hilarious. Utterly exhausting. But despite the sandflies, the anxieties, the near-death experiences, and the general sense of being completely out of my element, I think I’ve found something at the White Ivory. Not inner peace (yet). But maybe… a tiny, tiny bit of appreciation for the chaos. And, most importantly, a deep and abiding love for mango sticky rice. I'm going home with a suitcase full of itchy memories. And maybe, just maybe, a slightly better understanding of the world… and myself.
Hotel Haverkamp Germany: Your Dream German Escape Awaits!So...Paradise? Really? Is it actually as amazing as the pictures?
Ugh, the pictures. They're beautiful, right? Like, *stunning*. And yes, in many, many ways, Paradise *is* pretty damn close. But, and this is a big but, you gotta understand perspective. You're talking about Thailand, baby! It's not going to be flawless. There's a certain... *humidity* that clings to you like a lover you're trying to ditch. Remember that perfect pool pic? Real life? The guy with the leaf blower was there right before you, but hey, still pretty awesome, right? The sunrises? Crystalline. The sunsets? Fireworks. The reality? You'll be sweating profusely and possibly covered in mosquito bites, but you'll also be grinning like an idiot. So, short answer: mostly. Expect a little grit with your glam.
What's the food situation like? I'm a picky eater. Can I survive?
Okay, picky eaters, this one's for you. The food... it's a whole *experience*. If you *hate* spice, run screaming. (Though, they will make things milder if you ask.) If you like adventure, welcome home! Breakfast is included, and it's a glorious spread with fresh fruit you didn't know existed (dragon fruit? Rambutan? Prepare to be amazed). Lunch and dinner… ah, that's where things get interesting It's a little bit of a gamble, Honestly. The B&B cooks up some amazing dishes, but sometimes I swear, the chef (a sweet lady, bless her heart) is either secretly a spice demon or running on pure inspiration. One day, I had the most incredible Pad Thai, light, delicate, perfect. The next? I swear I saw flames. I ended up just ordering plain rice. The point? Be adventurous!
Is Escape to Paradise really "luxury"? I'm used to the Four Seasons.
Luxury... it's a funny word, isn't it? Forget the sterile, predictable luxury chains. This is *authentic* luxury. It's about the *feeling*. You've got spacious rooms, a breathtaking view of the beach, that gorgeous ivory decor. The staff is a complete, and utter delight. Now, is there a butler standing by 24/7? Nope. Will you find a hair in your pillowcase once in a while? Maybe. (I did, admittedly. It was blonde, and I have dark hair. Mystery!) But that's the charm; the imperfections are part of what makes it feel so real, so personal! The sheets are so soft you’ll want to wrap yourself up in them every night and the service is amazing. (Even though I swear, the staff sometimes forgot my name – it's *okay*, I was probably being a demanding tourist.) It's not the sterile, cookie-cutter 'luxury' you're used to. It's better. Because it's *real*.
Okay, spill. What about the bugs? I'm terrified of mosquitos.
Bugs. The eternal nemesis of paradise. Look, you're in Thailand. There are bugs. It's a fact of life. The B&B does a good job – they have nets on the beds, provide repellent (use it!), and spray the grounds. But the mosquitos? They're sneaky little vampires. I got bitten *everywhere*. My ankle, my arm, my *eyelid*! (Seriously, waking up with a swollen eye is not the luxury you signed up for). But the good news? The sunsets and the general feeling that you are *living*, far outweigh the occasional itch. Just pack a good anti-itch cream, and try not to scratch too much (I failed miserably on that front). Pro tip: Cover yourself in bug spray like it's your job. And maybe bring a mosquito net for your head, just in case.
What's the best thing about Escape to Paradise? The *one* thing you'd rave about?
Oh man. This is tough. Can I pick two? Okay, let me think... First, the *view*. I'd probably lose myself for hours, staring out at the turquoise water. It's like someone painted a masterpiece every single dawn and dusk. It's the kind of view that makes you stop, breathe, and realize the world isn't so awful after all. (Until, you know, the next power outage, then you're back to being a slightly irritated human.)
But, if I *have* to narrow it down... Okay, it's the *staff*. These aren't just people doing a job, they are genuinely good at heart. They're warm, friendly, helpful, and they'll do everything they can to make your stay incredible, and that is something that a lot of hotels just... don't have. There was this one woman, I think her name was Noi? She always had the biggest smile on her face. And she remembered my weird obsession with iced coffee (a necessity in that heat, seriously). The little touches, like the hand-written welcome note, or the fresh flowers in my room… it's those little things that you remember. Noi, if you're reading this, you made my trip! And also, thanks for the tips on how to deal with the monkeys - those little devils - who kept trying to steal my snacks!
How do I get around? Is there reliable Wi-Fi? Ugh, technology...
Okay, practicalities. Getting around: Scooters are the way to go, if you're used to them! (I'm not. Faceplanted a few times. Highly embarrassing.) The B&B can arrange drivers, which is a good option if you're clumsy or want to sightsee after a few Mai Tais. Taxis are generally available. Wi-Fi? It's there. Mostly. It can be spotty, especially during a rainstorm. Embrace digital detox. Read a book. Talk to people. Look at the view. You know, live in the moment. The world won’t end if you don't check your email for an hour. Okay, maybe it will. But embrace the occasional outage as a chance to really unwind, and actually *be* there.
What's the biggest disappointment? Anything I should absolutely avoid?
Disappointment, huh? Hmm... Listen, I'm going to be honest with you, the B&B is tucked away. I wanted to hike up a mountain on my day off and it was kind of a hassle. The other thing is, in terms of "avoiding", well, try and steer clear of relying on Western conveniences. They aren't the same here. Just embrace the culture.