Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: City Hotel Fortuna, Reutlingen!

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: City Hotel Fortuna, Reutlingen!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling vortex of luxury that is the City Hotel Fortuna in Reutlingen. "Unbelievable Luxury Awaits," they say, and honestly? They're not lying. But, hold onto your hats, because this isn't your average, sterile hotel review. This is the real deal, the warts and all experience.

First off, let's talk Accessibility. I'm not personally in a wheelchair myself, but I always check these things because it speaks volumes about a hotel's commitment to actual inclusion. The Fortuna? Pretty solid. Wheelchair accessible rooms and facilities were readily available, and the elevators were thankfully, actually working. A major win. Plus, good on them for having Facilities for disabled guests listed! I wasn't able to test out everything myself, but it felt like they actually thought this through – it's so important. Now, how good is the food you can obtain?

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Field Day (Mostly)

Alright, confession time: I love food. And the Fortuna? They understand. First off, the breakfast buffet. Oh, the breakfast buffet! I'm normally a grab-and-go kind of person, but the sheer scale of it drew me in. Breakfast [buffet] is a given in most hotels, BUT the array of options? Unbelievable! Asian breakfast options mingled with the Western breakfast, and the fruit? Glorious. They had a Coffee/tea in restaurant, and also offer Breakfast in room which is an amazing choice. You can get Breakfast takeaway service, also. I went a little overboard one morning, piling my plate so high I almost toppled it. Seriously, I saw my life flash before my eyes as I went for that last pain au chocolat. I made it! And the croissant? Divine.

The main restaurant offered both Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant, which is rare! There were some amazing options -- the A la carte in restaurant setup was great, and they had Alternative meal arrangement options if you had dietary restrictions. But I really liked the Salad in restaurant options. The Happy hour can also get a lot of attention! The bar, as expected, was a classy, comfortable place to unwind. They also offer a Poolside bar, a nice touch!

Now, the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were amazing. I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so this made me feel safe.

Okay, confession round two: I'm not entirely a fan of the soup in restaurant. But the Desserts in restaurant were mind-blowing.

Ways to Relax (And Maybe Get a Little Spoiled)

Let's get one thing straight: this place is designed for pampering. The Spa/sauna section? Pure bliss. I spent a solid hour drifting between the Sauna, the Steamroom, and the Swimming pool (both Swimming pool [outdoor] and a very pleasant indoor one). The Pool with view was an absolute highlight – watching the sunset over the city after spending time in the Gym/fitness center was heavenly.

The Body scrub and Body wrap options were tempting, though I chickened out this time…next time, maybe. And for those who like a good foot massage, they had a Foot bath!

Cleanliness and Safety: Seriously Impressive

This is where the Fortuna really shines. In the shadow of a pandemic (of course this matters), they are on a whole other level. They have a Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol, and use Anti-viral cleaning products. Seriously reassuring. They also had Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. The fact they also allowed a Room sanitization opt-out available, I thought was very considerate!

Rooms: Your Own Little Oasis

My room? Absolutely stunning. I, as mentioned earlier, have a thing for amazing bathrooms, and the Fortuna delivered the goods. The Separate shower/bathtub situation was a dream, and the Toiletries were high-end. I definitely made the most of the Bathrobes and Slippers. The Bathtub was a perfect spot to relax. Blackout curtains are a must for me, and these were flawless. Let me tell you, after a day of exploring, the Extra long bed and Linens were heavenly. Oh, and the Free bottled water? Always a win. I even saw Complimentary tea options in the room! The Mini bar was stocked, and I appreciated the Refrigerator. Air conditioning was a life-saver!

Services and Conveniences: Above and Beyond

The staff? Phenomenal. Always friendly, always helpful. Daily housekeeping kept everything spotless, and the concierge was a lifesaver getting me directions. They also offer a Dry cleaning, Invoice provided, Laundry service, and Ironing service! The Luggage storage was very handy!

Getting Around:

The Car park [free of charge] was another bonus, and if you're feeling fancy, there's Valet parking. They also offer Taxi service and Airport transfer.

For the Kids (and the Young at Heart)

The only downside? I’m not a kid. But they do a great job on this front. Babysitting service and Kids meal are on offer!

The Quirks and the Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect!)

Okay, here's the honest part. One tiny, tiny thing: the internet! Although they advertise Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! The Internet access – wireless wasn’t the fastest I’ve ever experienced. But hey, I was there to relax, not marathon-stream Netflix. And Internet – LAN was available, if you prefer.

The Verdict: Book It! (Unless You Hate Being Pampered)

Look, the City Hotel Fortuna is not just a hotel; it's an experience. It's the kind of place you go to recharge, to escape, to indulge. It's the kind of place where you can actually feel yourself de-stressing the second you walk through the door. It’s an almost perfect place.

My Imperfect, Entirely Subjective, and Enthusiastically Positive Rating: 9.5/10


SEO-Optimized Offer for City Hotel Fortuna, Reutlingen (Get Your Butt There!)

Escape to Unbelievable Luxury: Book Your Stay at City Hotel Fortuna, Reutlingen!

Tired of the same old boring getaways? Craving a truly unforgettable experience? Look no further than the City Hotel Fortuna in Reutlingen, your gateway to unparalleled comfort, relaxation, and indulgence!

Why Choose City Hotel Fortuna? Here's What Awaits (And You'll Love Every Second!)

  • Unmatched Relaxation: Dive into blissful serenity with our luxurious Spa, featuring a Pool with view, Sauna, Steamroom, and rejuvenating treatments like Body scrubs and Massages.
  • Exquisite Dining: Delight your taste buds with a culinary adventure! Enjoy our Breakfast buffet Breakfast [buffet] filled with Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options, savor delectable dishes in our Restaurants with unique Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant choices or enjoy a drink at the elegant Bar.
  • Impeccable Cleanliness and Peace of Mind: Rest easy knowing your safety is our top priority. We utilize Anti-viral cleaning products, offer Room sanitization opt-out available, and follow strict Daily disinfection in common areas protocols.
  • Accessibility for Everyone: We are committed to inclusivity. Enjoy peace of mind with our Wheelchair accessible facilities and carefully considered Facilities for disabled guests
  • Luxurious Rooms: Sink into comfort in our elegantly appointed rooms featuring Air conditioning, plush beds, and all the amenities you could desire.

More Than Just a Hotel: It's an Experience!

  • Enjoy convenient services like 24-hour Room service [24-hour], Concierge, and Laundry service.
  • Plan your perfect trip and take advantage of Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], and more.
  • CCTV in common areas.

Ready to Experience Unbelievable Luxury?

Don't wait! Book your stay at the City Hotel Fortuna in Reutlingen today and prepare to be pampered. Visit our website or call us now to secure your unforgettable escape!

#CityHotelFortuna #Reutlingen #LuxuryHotel #SpaGetaway #Germany #Travel #Accommodation #HotelReview #Foodie #Wellness #Relaxation #Accessibility #Staycation #BestHotels

Rhineland Hotel Germany: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits You!

Book Now

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's carefully curated travel itinerary. This is a REUTLINGEN RAMBLE, baby, and the City Hotel Fortuna is gonna be its starting point… or maybe its sinking point, depending on how much schnapps I knock back.

Day 1: Arrival and the Questionable Charm of Reutlingen (Plus, an Accidental Embrace of Bread)

  • 14:00 - Arrival at Stuttgart Airport (STR): Arrived in Germany. Now, finding the train station… that's where the REAL adventure begins. First mistake, assuming I'd effortlessly navigate the S-Bahn. Turns out 'S' is for 'slow' and 'slightly confusing' until you finally spot a kindly woman with a shopping cart and a perpetually apologetic look who points you in the right direction. Bless her heart.

  • 16:00 - Check-in City Hotel Fortuna: Alright, the Fortuna. It's… clean. Let's go with clean. The lobby smells faintly of floor cleaner and expectation. The receptionist seems genuinely thrilled to see me, which is either excellent service or she hasn't had a conversation in hours. My room? Functional. Definitely not Instagram-worthy, but hey, I'm here to experience life, not curate it.

  • 17:00 - Wander the Reutlingen MarktPlatz (and my growing love of Bread): Okay, first impressions of Reutlingen itself? A little… subdued. Charming, in a "maybe you've had a little too much sleep on a cloudy day" kind of way. Found the Marktplatz, and, well, the architecture is classic, old German. But wow, that bakery! The aroma of fresh bread nearly knocked me over. I kid you not, I spent a solid twenty minutes just staring at the window, practically drooling. Caved in, of course. Got myself a crusty loaf, some wurst, and a local beer. Seriously, the bread in Germany is a religious experience. I think I could live on it alone.

    • Emotional Reaction: Okay, minor meltdown. Was lost on the second day. Should have packed more socks. Bread, bread, bread!
  • 19:00 - Dinner at a random Biergarten (attempting to understand German): Found a Biergarten, thankfully. Ordered something that vaguely resembled 'sausage with potato salad'. The language barrier is HIGH in Germany. Felt like I was playing charades while attempting to communicate. The waiter was probably laughing at my terrible pronunciation, but he kept serving me, so all good! Took my first big gulp of beer, took a moment to appreciate the surroundings. The taste of beer is so good, and everything feels right.

    • Quirky Observation: The only thing more German than beer is the way they fold their napkins. Pristine!
  • 21:00 - Early night? Or a late-night schnapps? Depends on how social I get (or how persuasive that local beer is). The lure of the bed is strong, but the promise of something bizarre and fun is stronger!!

Day 2: The Blunder That Led to True Beauty (and the Quest for the Best Pretzel in Reutlingen)

  • 08:00 - Attempt at a Hotel Breakfast (and My Breakfast-Related Struggles): Breakfast at the Fortuna. It's… continental. Let's be real, that's just a fancy word for 'not very exciting'. But hey, the coffee's hot, and I'm alive.

    • Messy Structure: Okay, the yogurt was a suspicious color. Avoided. Did manage to snag a piece of that amazing bread… and some ham. Actually feeling pretty good now.
  • 09:00 - Lost in Reutlingen (and the accidental Gem): I attempted to find a specific museum. Miserably failed and got utterly lost. Wandered down a seemingly ordinary street, grumbling about my terrible sense of direction and the lack of decent signage. Whined to myself.

  • 09:30 - Finding a church to sit in, and my moment of peace: Accidentally and by accident found a beautiful church, and sat down in there for a very long time. I'm not very religious, but this place was so good for my soul. The air, the colors, the lack of stress… it was perfect.

    • Emotional Reaction: Maybe I don't need to see everything. The goal isn't to explore, but to feel, to experience.
  • 11:00 - The Pretzel Pilgrimage (and the Great Pretzel Debate): Okay, this is serious business. My mission, should I choose to accept it: Find The Best Pretzel in Reutlingen. Wandered the downtown area. Ate a pretzel, ate a pretzel again. Still searching for that perfect chewy, salty, doughy masterpiece. My stomach may not thank me, but my taste buds sure will. The search is ongoing!

    • Opinionated Language: THE pretzel debate is real. Some are too hard, some too soft. Some are just… disappointing. This is a quest, not a casual snack.
  • 13:00 - Lunch at a Local Restaurant (Learning to Order and the Joy of Random Discoveries): Found a tiny, seemingly family-run restaurant. Had to really struggle with the menu (German is hard!). Ended up with something that came with a lot of potatoes and gravy. It was actually delicious, though! Sometimes the best meals are the ones you stumble upon.

    • Anecdote: Tried to order water. Asked for 'wasser.' The waiter gave me a funny look and brought me sparkling water. Clearly, my German needs work. My face had the same expression as him.
  • 16:00 - Exploration outside of Reutlingen (maybe): Feeling a bit "Reutlingen-d out." Maybe plan to take a train somewhere different to see what happens! Or maybe I order a beer and watch a movie.

    • More Rambles: Maybe the world is beautiful, and maybe I want to see it all - but maybe I don't have the energy and need to go back to my hotel room.
  • 18:00 - Dinner, and the Ever-Present Question: Schnapps? Another biergarten, another attempt at understanding the menu. This time with maybe some extra courage from the beer, or maybe lack of it. The schnapps are calling.

Day 3: Departure and the Sadness of Leaving (and the Bread, oh, the Bread!)

  • 08:00 - The Sad Hotel Breakfast Farewell: Last breakfast. The continental spread feels even more underwhelming on the final morning. The bread, however, still steals the show. Gonna miss that bread.

    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: Feeling sad. My travels are coming to an end. Wish I could stay.
  • 09:00 - Last-Minute Souvenir Shopping (and the Struggle to Resist More Bread): Need souvenirs. Need to bring some joy and memories back with me. Looking for a special gift for a friend. Probably overthinking this. Maybe just buy more bread to bring home.

  • 10:00 - Check-out, Goodbye Fortuna: The receptionist waves goodbye, probably relieved. The room, surprisingly, feels a bit like home.

  • 11:00 - Travel to Stuttgart airport: Train journey, reminiscing and planning my next adventure.

  • 13:00 - Departure: Saying goodbye. Goodbye Reutlingen, goodbye bread. Till next time, Germany.

    • Final Thought: Reutlingen, you were a surprise. You weren't always perfect, and I definitely got lost a lot, but you left a mark. And the bread… the bread will never be forgotten.
Thailand Calling: Your Unforgettable Adventure Awaits!

Book Now

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: City Hotel Fortuna, Reutlingen - The Real Deal FAQs (Or My Slightly Unhinged Ramblings)

Alright, so you're considering the Fortuna in Reutlingen, huh? Buckle up, buttercup. I've been there. I've *lived* there. (Okay, a night. But still, it felt epic.) Here's the real, unfiltered scoop.

1. Is it *really* as luxurious as the website makes it out to be? Because, let's be honest, websites lie.

Okay, so, the website? Glamorous. Over-the-top. Makes you think you're stepping into a James Bond movie. And…yes. Mostly. The lobby? *Gorgeous*. Chandeliers that could probably fund a small country. The room? Initially, I was like, "Woah." Because I accidentally booked the Presidential Suite. (Kidding! Kinda. It *felt* like a presidential experience, and my bank account certainly felt presidential sized depleted after). The marble bathroom? Seriously, I considered moving in. However. The first *minor* hiccup (because, life, right?) – the air conditioning. A bit… temperamental. Needed a PhD in HVAC to figure that one out. But hey, more blankets meant more time to burrow and think about the sheer luxury of it all, so that’s a win in my book.

2. The breakfast buffet... is it worth the hype (and the probable extra cost)?

The breakfast buffet? Oh. My. Goodness. Okay, so. I am *not* a morning person. Like, a real Grumpy Cat until coffee kicks in. But the Fortuna breakfast… changed everything. Seriously. Imagine: a sea of glistening pastries calling your name. Salmon so fresh it practically leapt onto your plate. (Dramatic liberty, I know.) Freshly squeezed orange juice that tasted like sunshine. They even had a *dedicated* omelet station, where the chef, a very kindly gentleman with a magnificent mustache, created custom omelets. I'm normally a eggs and bacon kind of gal, but this omelet? Mushrooms, cheese, a whisper of truffle oil… I teared up a little. Okay, maybe a lot. Definitely worth the cost. Go, stuff your face, and embrace the gloriousness. Be polite though - no one wants a buffet hog.

3. Okay, but the location? Is it actually convenient or am I going to spend half my trip wandering lost?

The location? Perfectly fine! Reutlingen isn't Paris, which is a great thing for me, because I can't speak a word of French. It's smack-dab in the center of things, close to shops. I mean, I *could* have walked to the shops. But I took a taxi (because, you know, *luxury*). Easy access to public transport. You’re not going to get lost, unless you're me, because I have a *talent* for it. Even *I* found my way around eventually. The hotel staff are super helpful, and they speak English well. The old town is lovely to get lost in, but I would definitely recommend at least a quick Google Maps check beforehand.

4. Is the staff as attentive as they claim? I'm a bit paranoid about being fussed over.

The staff... Ah, the staff. Okay, so, "attentive" is an understatement. They practically anticipate your every need. They were lovely, but I'm personally not a huge fan of feeling like I'm being shadowed. I did nearly trip over a rug (my fault, totally clumsy) and before I'd even landed, someone was there asking if I was okay. Impressive, yes. Slightly unnerving after a while, also yes. But, they're genuinely friendly, helpful, and want to make your stay perfect. They even remembered my (very specific) coffee order after the first morning. Slightly freaky, but I appreciate the attention to detail.

5. Any hidden fees or unexpected costs I should be aware of? Because budget surprises are the worst.

Hidden fees? Hmm. Well, I didn't get charged for any surprise room service charges. The minibar, I'll admit, was a little pricey. (Seriously, three euros for a tiny bag of peanuts?!) But that's to be expected in a luxury hotel. Parking might cost extra, so definitely check that. But compared to the sheer experience, it’s less than the cost of a latte. No major gotchas that I remember, other than the unexpected feeling of being royalty. It’s worth it though - let yourself have fun! Treat yourself! Just, maybe, be prepared to explain the charges to *your* bank when you get home.

6. Let's be honest: any big downsides? The cracks in the perfect facade, you know?

Okay, okay, time for the real talk. Nobody's perfect. Apart from the, *ahem*, *slightly* temperamental air conditioning, there was one other thing. The walls, they might be a little thin. I'm a light sleeper anyway. The couple next door… let’s just say I learned a lot about their relationship. (Too much information, people! Too much.) And here’s a tip: if you're easily annoyed by the sounds of a nearby road, request a room away from the front. But those are really the *only* downsides. Everything else was pretty darn fantastic. Honestly, the minor inconveniences are easily outweighed by the overall fabulousness.

7. Spa/Wellness area – Worth it? Or just a pricey Instagram opportunity?

The spa. Right. Okay. So, I *intended* to write a whole nuanced section about the spa. I read the reviews! Apparently, there's a pool, a sauna, treatments… But here’s the truth. I got so comfy in my enormous bed with the fluffy pillows and about five extra down comforters, that the spa… well, I never made it. The bed won. But the pictures look amazing. So, make your own judgement call. If you're disciplined, and I'm not, then it's probably wonderful. If you're easily lured by the siren song of a luxurious mattress, well, you might end up like me. Don’t judge!

8. Would you actually go back? Be honest!

Absolutely. Without hesitation. Even with the slightly dodgy air con, the questionable minibar prices, and the potential for overly-intimate neighborly noises. I will happily trade a little imperfection for pure, unadulterated luxury. TheAround The World Hotels

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany

City Hotel Fortuna Reutlingen Germany