Unbelievable Ubud Luxury: Your Dream Hotel & Cottages Await!
Unbelievable Ubud Luxury: My Dream Hotel & Cottage? Okay, Let's Dive In (For Real)
Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. I've just crawled out of my (quite frankly, amazing) stay at Unbelievable Ubud Luxury – the name alone is suspiciously ambitious, right? – and I'm here to spill the tea. Or, you know, the Balinese coffee. Because, trust me, I drank oodles of that stuff.
Let's be real. Booking a place online is like swiping right on a date. You're hoping for a hidden gem, but you're bracing yourself for… well, disappointment. So, did Unbelievable Ubud Luxury deliver on the "Unbelievable" promise? Did I find my "dream" getaway? Let's find out, shall we? And maybe, just maybe, avoid the pitfalls of a typical, boring hotel review.
First Impression: The Arrival and Access (Accessibility and… Well, Just Getting There)
Okay, so I'm not going to lie, getting to Ubud (and therefore to this hotel) is a bit of a mission. Traffic in Bali is, shall we say, "adventurous." But once you're there, things get easier. For accessibility, I'm always a bit wary, and I've never truly needed to use a wheelchair, so I can't give a definitive answer. However, I did see elevators (score!) and I'd say they've made an effort; the lobby was quite open, and the paths seemed relatively smooth. However, the cottages are a bit spread out, so inquire specifically during booking if you need to be closer to the main areas.
Accessibility Keyword Bonanza: Facilities for disabled guests is listed, so let's hope they are truly accommodating. Car park [free of charge] makes getting there a bit easier. Airport transfer is a LIFESAVER. Avoid the taxi stampede – definitely book that. Car park [on-site] is a must if you rent a scooter (highly recommended!)*
The Internet: My Lifeline (and Yours, Probably)
Look, I'm a digital nomad. My life revolves around Wi-Fi. And thank the gods, Unbelievable Ubud Luxury gets it. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Cue the angels singing). And the signal was actually decent! I'm talking smooth video calls, working on that blog, and posting Insta-stories of my amazing Balinese breakfast (more on that later). Internet access and Internet [LAN] are listed, and I can confirm that they have solid Wi-Fi in public areas too. Also Internet services are advertised, but I did not know what that means.
Rambling Aside: The "Dream" Cottage and the Unexpected Mosquito Apocalypse
I'm not going to lie. I was SO excited to be in a cottage. It sounded luxurious, romantic, the works! And the rooms sanitized between stays was definitely reassuring. I imagined myself lounging in a beautiful, breezy space, sipping Bintang and contemplating the meaning of life.
And it mostly was like that! But… here's the messy, honest part. I opened the door to my cottage, and bam! Mosquitoes. Everywhere. It was like I'd wandered into a mosquito rave. I'm talking non-stop buzzing, itchy bites, the works.
I called reception. They sent someone right over with spray and a mosquito net. Crisis averted. But, it was a reminder that even in paradise, things aren't always perfect. Because, c’mon. it was the only real imperfection of all. Room decoration was on point, I had a private bathroom and a separate shower/bathtub, blackout curtains (thank GOD!), a coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, free bottled water! Air conditioning was a lifesaver. And yes, the extra long bed was perfect for sprawling.
*Comfort Keywords: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathrooms phone, Blackout curtains, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.*
Food, Glorious Food (and the Dining Experience)
Okay, let’s talk food. Because honestly, that’s 70% of the travel experience, right? I was thrilled to see such a diverse choice. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast? Check! Buffet in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant? Double-check!. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Snack bar, Restaurants, Poolside bar, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant. Basically, you're covered.
I have to mention the pool bar. Poolside with a cocktail during the sunset is a core memory. They have a bottle of water there for you, and the salad in restaurant was surprisingly good. The Breakfast [buffet] was HUGE. You could get a breakfast takeaway service in case you needed it, and it was all, Daily housekeeping.
Dining Keywords: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant
De-Stressing and Doing It (Things to Do, Ways to Relax)
Alright, relaxation central. Unbelievable Ubud Luxury understands the assignment. The swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous. The views from the Pool with view were incredible. I spent hours lounging there, feeling all zen.
The Spa/sauna was… well, it was pure bliss. I booked a massage and it was one of the best I've ever had. Body Bliss! I'm Body wrap, Body scrub Spa, Sauna, Steamroom. Consider yourself warned: you might never want to leave. They also have a gym/fitness if you want to work off the pancakes.
Relaxation Keywords: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
Cleanliness and Safety (Because Let's Be Real, it Matters)
In these times, safety is everything. They seemed to really care. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. All good signs!
Safe and Clean Keyword: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment
The Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Make a Big Difference)
Okay, so they have the basics covered. Room service [24-hour] is a must. Cash withdrawal. Concierge. Currency exchange. Daily housekeeping. Dry cleaning. Laundry service. Luggage storage. They also have a convenience store for those late-night snack attacks, which I definitely hit up.
Services and Convenience Keywords: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center
For the Kids (If You're That Kind of Traveler)
Okay, I'm a solo traveler, so I can't personally vouch
Fremantle's HOTTEST Backpacker Hostel: Old Fire Station Adventure Awaits!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this Ubud itinerary isn't going to be a perfectly polished Instagram post. This is REAL LIFE, people. Prepare for some serious Bali vibes, and maybe a little existential dread.
Ubud: My Chaotic, Beautiful Mess of a Trip
Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Tropical Paradise
- Morning (or, more accurately, whenever I wake up after the 20-hour travel day): Arrive at Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) in Denpasar. The heat hits you like a brick wall. Seriously, it’s like walking into a humid sauna that smells faintly of frangipani and something…else. That "else" is probably jet fuel. Find the pre-booked airport transfer (thank god for planning SOMETHING), and after a white-knuckle drive through crazy traffic, arrive at Ubud Hotel and Cottages. Yay! At least, it looks yay.
- Afternoon: Check in. The lobby is gorgeous, all dark wood and flower arrangements, but the room… well, let's just say the "cottage” part of the name is accurate. It's charmingly rustic. By “rustic” I mean, the mosquito net looks like it's seen better days. Also, there's a gecko on the ceiling. I'm not sure if I should be charmed or terrified.
- Afternoonish – The "Don't Do This" Meal: Determined to be a "local" I ditch a proper lunch and grab some "street food" near the cottage. I'm talking those colourful things on skewers. They looked harmless. They were NOT harmless. After, I spend the next hour regretting every single bite. Cue a frantic search for a bathroom and a sudden, new and very strong appreciation for modern plumbing.
- Evening: Wander the streets of Ubud. This is the “find out why everyone loves Bali” portion of the day. The atmosphere is magical, right? Wrong. More like a slightly overwhelming sensory overload. The air is thick with incense, the sounds of gamelan music and scooters competing for dominance, and my internal monologue is screaming: "Is this REAL? Am I really here? What have I done with my life?" Okay, maybe that’s just me. Go for a walk and stop for dinner at a Warung, the meal is cheap and easy to eat, and the service is amazing.
- Night: Try to sleep. Fail. The cicadas are throwing a rave outside, the gecko is still judging me from the ceiling, and I'm pretty sure I can still feel the aftermath of the street food…in my soul.
Day 2: Rice Terraces and the Quest for the Perfect Instagram Shot (and inner peace, apparently)
- Morning: Rise and, thank everything holy, have a good bowel movement and a delicious breakfast. I decide to hike to the Tegallalang Rice Terraces. The walk is supposed to be "easy." Lies. All lies. It's a beautiful hike, all emerald green rice paddies cascading down the hillsides. But it’s HOT. And there are like, a million steps. I’m drenched in sweat, battling a rogue fly, and questioning my life choices.
- Mid-Morning: Ah, the Instagram moment! Find the perfect spot, get the photo, pretend the sweat is just "glow." Attempt to look serene and enlightened. Fail spectacularly. I have a visceral reaction to the whole influencer thing, it is hilarious.
- Afternoon: Head to a local coffee plantation. It's fun and tasty. Learn about Luwak coffee (coffee made from beans eaten and, ahem, "processed" by civets). It's expensive. It's good. And I'm now slightly less disgusted by the idea of eating something that's been through an animal.
- Afternoonish - The Monkey Forest Debacle: The Monkey Forest is a must-see. It's also a complete and utter circus. The monkeys are everywhere, and they’re bold. REAL bold. One tries to snag my sunglasses off my face. Another tries to pull a bag of snacks right out of my hand. I start to panic. They are cute…but they are also tiny, furry, little thieves, and they look like they will eat my face.
- Evening: Find a peaceful spot at the hotel pool. Try, and fail, to relax. I’m still jumpy from the monkeys, it's amazing how it affects your mood, especially if you're an introvert. But, hey, at least the water is cool. (And, I’m pretty sure, chlorine-free!)
- Night: Have another delicious meal. Try to sleep again, but the monkeys have infiltrated my dreams. I wake up multiple times, convinced a monkey is trying to steal my phone.
Day 3: Yoga, Culture, and the Crumbling Edifice of My Expectations
- Morning: Yoga! The whole reason I came to Ubud, right? Find a yoga studio somewhere. I stumble through the yoga session, feeling incredibly inflexible. My balance is atrocious. I'm pretty sure the instructor is subtly judging me. I try my best to keep up with the beautiful, graceful, naturally flexible people. This quickly morphs into a wrestling match with my own body and a deep and somewhat embarrassing awareness of how un-zen I really am.
- Mid-Morning: Head to the Ubud Palace. It’s beautiful. It’s culturally rich. It’s also packed with tourists taking selfies. I try to appreciate the history, but all I can see in my peripheral vision are people striking poses. I feel like a grump, I might be the only person actually looking at the art.
- Afternoon: Floating Meditation - The Big Mistake - Okay, this is where things get…interesting. I'd heard about floating meditation, and it sounded heavenly. So I find a place and sign up. The room is dark, full of candles, and smells of lavender. They put me on a floatation device and the music is relaxing. At first, it's pure bliss. Then, my brain decides to go rogue. I start thinking about EVERYTHING. My job. My ex. The fact that I’m pretty sure I forgot to pay a bill. It all comes crashing into my brain until I start laughing and I can't stop. In a room filled with people attempting enlightenment, I am a sweaty, giggling mess. It's the most embarrassing and possibly the most freeing experience of the trip.
- Evening: Have a massage. Finally! Some genuine relaxation. Or so I think. Again, the therapist is amazing and the massage is wonderful. Just when I'm at my peak, I hear a loud banging sound from the room, I realize it's the roof, and I know this is a bad idea. It's not the building, it's the tree in the garden.
- Night: The tree outside my cottage is being trimmed. The crashing, banging, and sawing continues throughout the night, making sleep an impossibility. I swear the gecko is laughing.
Day 4: Farewell and the Promise of Laundry.
- Morning: Breakfast with a view. And, surprisingly, find I've grown to like Ubud. It's the perfect mix of chaos and serenity, beauty and a little bit of butt clenching anxiety.
- Mid-Morning: Do some shopping for souvenirs. Get ripped off a little bit, but who cares? It's a memory!
- Afternoon: Head to the airport. Do a final, sweaty, frantic dash around the hotel, looking for something I inevitably forgot. Say goodbye to the staff, who have put up with my frantic, sweaty, probably still street-food-fueled, anxieties.
- Evening: Arrive home, exhausted and exhilarated. Immediately start the laundry and vow to write a proper travel blog. (I'll probably forget.) But at least, the trip wasn't perfect. It was real. And that's all that matters, isn't it?
So, there you have it. My Ubud adventure. Don't expect perfection. Expect the unexpected. Expect to sweat. And expect to leave with a story (or three) that you'll be telling for years. Now go, and have your own chaotic, beautiful mess!
Escape to Paradise: Melarose Feng Shui Hotel, Germany (Your Ultimate Zen Getaway)Unbelievable Ubud Luxury: You've Got Questions? I've (Maybe) Got Answers!
Okay, So...Is This Place ACTUALLY "Unbelievable?" Like, Seriously?
Alright, deep breaths, here's the deal. "Unbelievable" is a *bold* claim, isn't it? Look, I, your humble (and slightly cynical) narrator, have stayed at some places. I've seen stuff. Did Unbelievable Ubud Luxury actually *live up* to the hype? Mostly. There were moments – glorious, sun-drenched moments – when I swear I nearly levitated. Like, literally, my jaw dropped so far I nearly swallowed a dragonfly during a particularly epic sunset over the rice paddies. But… let's be real. No place is perfect. There were also the occasional, "Wait, did I pay HOW much for this?" moments. More on *those* later.
Are the Cottages *Actually* Cottages, Or Just Fancy Rooms? Because I'm Expecting Something Instagrammable...
Okay, so the cottages? They're… cottage-adjacent. Think "Balinese chic meets a slightly upscale Airbnb." They *feel* like individual little havens, but don't go expecting a thatched roof and a dirt floor. (Although, wouldn't *that* be unique?). Mine had a plunge pool (yes! HEAVEN!) and a crazy-comfortable bed that swallowed me whole every night. The bathroom? Open-air. Which is breathtaking until you realize you're showering while simultaneously battling a rogue gecko and a mosquito with a vendetta. (I think I won... eventually.) Are they Instagrammable? Oh sweet, sweet internet points. Yes. Absolutely. Prepare to flood your feed with envy-inducing photos. Just, you know, maybe filter out the occasional bug splat.
The Infinity Pool. Is It *Really* Infinity? And Are There Enough Sunbeds? (The Important Questions.)
The infinity pool. Ah, the siren song of relaxation. Yes. It's *real*. The infinity part is legitimate, and the view? Magnificent. Rice paddies stretching out to the horizon, palm trees swaying… It’s genuinely, almost ridiculously, beautiful. Sunbeds? That's where things get a *little* competitive. Peak season? Be prepared to deploy your best "early bird gets the worm" strategy, or possibly a touch of passive-aggressive towel placement. Honestly, I felt kind of guilty sometimes, hogging a prime spot all day. Then I'd order another cocktail and the guilt would magically… disappear. It's a vicious cycle, folks. A beautiful, poolside… vicious cycle.
What about the Food? Is it Pricey Tourist Food? Because I HATE that.
Okay, the food. This is *crucial*. Is it overpriced tourist trap food? Thankfully, no. Mostly. Let's be honest, it's not budget backpacking fare. But the quality? Outstanding. The breakfast buffet? A *masterpiece*. Fresh fruit, exotic pastries, amazing coffee… I may or may not have eaten my weight in croissants. Seriously, the pastries. The dinner menu was creative and, generally speaking, delicious. There was this one Balinese dish... *chef's kiss*… Okay, maybe not *everything* was perfect. One night, I swear my chicken was staring back at me. But the overall experience? Good. Very good. And the staff? Always smiling, always accommodating, they genuinely seemed happy to be there. Which is a rare thing in the hospitality industry, frankly.
Spa time! Tell me about the spa treatments! Worth it?
The Spa! Oh, the spa. I'm a spa snob, I admit it. And the Unbelievable Ubud Luxury spa? *Almost* lived up to my ridiculously high expectations. The setting itself is pure bliss: lush, green, and quiet enough to hear the gentle splash of water features. I went for the Balinese massage, and it was… well, let's just say I floated back to my cottage. I *think* I even drooled a little. (Don't judge.) The masseuse was incredibly skilled, the aromatherapy oils were divine, and the feeling of muscle-melting relaxation? Priceless. Okay, maybe not priceless. It cost a small fortune. But still… WORTH IT. Do it. Book yourself a treatment. You'll thank me later. Or, rather, your wonderfully relaxed shoulders will thank me.
Are There Mosquitoes? (The Ultimate Dealbreaker)
Mosquitoes. The bane of existence. Yes. There are mosquitoes. It's Ubud. It's tropical. Prepare yourself. The hotel does what it can: mosquito nets, coils, bug spray in the room. They’re diligent about it. But sneaky little buggers, those mosquitoes. I got bitten despite my best efforts. Pack the bug spray, folks. Strong bug spray. And maybe a small flamethrower (just kidding… mostly). Just… be prepared. And maybe bring some anti-itch cream. Seriously, you'll need it.
Is it good for couples? or families or solo travelers?
All of the above, mostly! I saw romantic couples holding hands by the pool, families making memories, and solo travelers like me doing their own thing. The atmosphere is generally relaxed and peaceful. It’s the kind of place where you can be social or keep to yourself without feeling out of place. That said, it's probably more geared towards adults and older kids, the luxury is not really what younger kids would appreciate. It could work, but you need to enjoy it. So, yes, I think it is suitable for all, but if you're traveling with a troop of toddlers, you might want to consider something different. Unless you like a challenge. In which case, Godspeed.
The Staff - Are They Actually Friendly, Or Just Putting on a Show?
Okay, listen. I'm a cynic. I've seen fake smiles a thousand times. The staff at Unbelievable Ubud? Genuinely lovely. Friendly, helpful, always smiling (yes, even after I complained about the lack of decent coffee on the first morning... I am a caffeine fiend, sue me!), and they went above and beyond. They remembered my name. They anticipated my needs. They even managed to fix my broken sunglasses when I clumsily sat on them. (Don't judge.) Was it performance art? I don't believe so. It felt… genuine. And that, my friends, is a rare and wonderful thing.